Saturday, July 14, 2012

Welcome to my blog, Fat to 5K!

A lot has happened to me in the past year.  Aug 8th 2011 I stepped on the scale at 340 lbs.  As of July 9th 2012 I tipped the scales at 240.8 lbs.  A total of 99.2 lbs in 340 (ish) days.  My goal is 1 year 100 lbs and if I don't get it this week, come hell or high water I will get it next.  I don't think I went about my weight loss in the traditional Weight Watchers or Nutra System kinda way.  When folks hear how much I've lost, normally the first thing out of their mouth after, "WOW" is how? I figured it would be easier for me to write about my weight loss journey.  How I went from 340 lb to running my first 5K in 11 months only after 3 months of jogging.  I also plan to go into detail about the next chapter in my life, triathlons.  If this blog helps 1 person to start their own weight loss journey, then every keystroke is worth it.

Side note: This format might change once I learn exactly what I'm doing here, so please bare with me.

4 comments:

  1. Well done to you. Saw your post on MFP and had to come over here.

    (Chrisja on MFP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true inspiration. I am subscribing to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete